Wednesday, April 25, 2007

chicken soup and open windows

all of our mugs are in the dishwasher, so i'm drinking my coffee out of an empty jam jar.

kind of makes me giggle.

after getting some sun on sunday [left shoulder is slowly becoming less lobster-like, thankyouverymuch], my scar is ridiculously pronounced. it's making me think i need to work on a killer story for it... however the tiger story sam helped me come up with at the beginning of the semester is still a personal fave.

it's been absolutely phenomenal in baltimore that last few days. the sunshine is doing some good. yesterday evening was particularly fabulous - everything about the air and the dark was perfect. good job, nature. good job.

because it's been so amazing, i left my windows completely open today. yay! my orchid enjoyed sitting on the sill, catching the breeze. i didn't even mind the fact that my room was bordering on uncomfortable in temperature. and i'm pretty picky about my room temp. it was just nice to get things done and work in my room with the sounds and breezes from outside seeping in, mixing with the crooning of steven page and his wacky counterparts. i was actually really surprised at all i got done today. i mean, most of it was running around cleaning and getting errands done, but there was also some illustrating and 4 hours of drawing homework in there too. i still think i'm kind of screwed for one class though.

i've been putting off my work for love in the non western world a lot. like... a lot a lot. partly because i don't really enjoy that class, which is incredibly dissapointing to me, considering that i had been really excited to take it in the first place. and also because i keep prioritizing things above it. i would much rather work on my life drawing or read hamlet, or work on my illustrations than sit down and focus on what i need to focus on for this class, which is a real shame because all the literature for it is amazing. i would love to actually sit down and enjoy pretty much everything that we've been assigned to read for this class, and i'm kicking myself now for not trying harder to make time for all the books [12, mind you...] but at the same time i don't think it ever would have been possible. i think this semester really messed me up/i really messed up my work schedule. it's definitely given me a lot of hindsight.

i really need to work on this final review due thursday... the questions are ridiculously intense... and i want to finish them tonight. possible? no. probably not. am i still going to try? yep. probably much deeper into the early morning than i should. hmm... wish me luck. this will be an interesting evening.

No comments: