Monday, January 5, 2009

heartbeats and shoelaces

the way you looked at me
terrified me

you make me nervous
in the best possible way...

i'm so scared of this feeling. i haven't felt anything like this in so long.

is this ok?

the way you looked at me
made me quake

chilled me
made my heart beat in rapid motion

but i would never look away...

i think you could be what i've been missing, and i'm so scared of it.

"i've been looking for you"

we met, and right after hello
you told me, i was the one you wanted to marry.

after a night of conversation and starry eyes
i couldn't shake the thought

"will you still love me tomorrow"

and you did.

oh, you did.

love starved, i had been trying so hard
to find my forever.

and oh

i think i did.

and it has me frozen into contemplation.

[happy new year...]

No comments: